Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh, yeah, I see it now


I'm no expert on diving, but I've always loved watching those who are. My last attempt at a cannonball left my audience in tears, and left me with a nose full of pool water. It's not that I can't do it, it's really that I have never tried and it truly is harder than it looks!! Well, for me anyway. Now I can do a pretty jackknife, but preacher seat? No. Can opener? No. Cannonball? No way Jose!!!! So when I watch these gorgeous Olympic divers, I'm baffled that not only can they pull off those amazing dives by themselves, but that they can execute simultaneously 2 divers from platform to water! And the form, the beauty, and the sheer magnitude is breathtaking. I'm really enjoying watching the Summer Olympics! What I don't like is after I'm speechless, I hear this announcer critique a small twist here, or a slight knee bend there. Sad. I know they are judged, but if you have to replay to find the fault, is it really worth lost points? I see it in this picture, but didn't see it as I watched it. Anyway, it's fun to watch with the family and I wish all of them good luck! Makes me wish I would've pursued swimming and diving a little longer than one quarter at college.

No comments: